Photobucket Photobucket

mercredi 3 août 2011

Vlog Juillet


Hi everyone! This time the video is in French! 
First of all, thanks to all of you that have subscribed to my facebook page! It's nice to know that you haven’t forgotten me and are interested about how I'm doing out here.
Sorry that I haven’t given much news lately. I know I promised that I would make a video as soon as I got back from my holidays in France, but I really haven’t had time! Been really busy! I'll tell you all about it in this video.
First of all: my holidays in France. It was so great to see everyone, catch up with everything. Had some fantastic days and evenings with friends and family. I love living in Tangier, but I miss my friends and family so much! The week went by so fast. I have already booked my trip back to France for my summer holidays. I'll be back with a surprise; here's a tip: I'm coming back by boat ^^
 Also, while I was in France, my good friend Alexis (who's a hairdresser), dyed my hair. It's orange and blond, I love it!!!
When I got back from France, we went straight to Marrakech to spend the weekend at the Gnaoua festival in Essaouira. When we arrived at Marrakech we had time to spend an afternoon at the 'Plage Rouge', and I was able to try out my new underwater camera! After that 'sunbathing' afternoon, we drove to Essaouria. Normally we were supposed to watch the festival, but for some reason this year the music finished really early (11pm). As we never seem to get round to eating till 10pm, we missed most of the music. But we had a fun time anyway!
Back to Tangier for a week at work. The next weekend we went to Sebta, because Franck not being a resident has to leave the country every 3 months. As usual, we went shopping and lazed around. When it was time to leave Sunday we had a slight problem with the Moroccan customs. I was allowed back into the country ok because I’m a Moroccan resident. But they wouldn't let Franck back in. They said he hadn't left the country since February (so more than 3 months); therefore he was considered an illegal immigrant! We explained that we had been to Sebta just a month ago; our passports were stamped then, doesn't that mean that we left the country??? Apparently, no. You have to catch the Ferry to Spain. Going to Sebta does not count as leaving the Moroccan territory. In the end, the customs were nice and let Franck back into Morocco, but told him he had to leave the country ASAP!
So, Wednesday evening, we caught the fast ferry to Tarifa! 35minutes from Tangier. Spain is so different than Morocco. I really loved Tarifa. It’s a little fortified town, lots of restaurants and bars, and lots of stuff to do with kite surfing. It’s a great kite surfing spot. One night was too short; we didn’t get to see much. Hopefully we’ll be able to go back soon, and I hope I’ll be able to go kite surfing!
Other than that, not much new. Mainly just hanging out at Tangier with friends. We’ve been discovering lots more different restaurants around the town. I’ll try and post about them either on my blog or facebook page.
On the 14th of July we went to the French Consulat Party. That was a fun evening, lots of free Champagne, French cheese and pork & ham!^^
Last thing I’m going to tell you about is my teeth. I’ve got braces put on! People have been asking why I’ve put braces as my teeth were straight before. Well they weren’t. 10 years ago I had braces on for 3 years; my teeth were a right mess back then. I don’t know what happened, did they take them off too early or what? But my front tooth keeps pushing over the other one. Not only does it look bad, it also hurts. So now I’ve got the money, I’ve put braces back on. I got the clear ones on my top teeth. They are really cool, can hardly see them, glad I paid more to have them! On the bottom I’ll probably get metal ones, but I’m not sure yet, I’ve got ill next month to decide!
 Also, while I was in France, my good friend Alexis (who's a hairdresser), dyed my hair. It's orange and blond, I love it!!!
When I got back from France, we went strait to Marrakech to spend the weekedn at the Gnaoua festival in Essaouira. When we arrived at Marrakech we had time to spend an afternoon at the 'Plage Rouge', and I was able to try out my new underwater camera! After that 'sunbathing' afternoon, we drove to Essaouria. Normally we were supposed to watch thefestival, but for some reason this year the music finished really early (11pm). As we never seem to get round to eating till 10pm, we missed most of the music. But we had a fun time anyway!
Back to Tangier for a week at work. The next weekend we went to  Sebta, because Franck not being a resident has to leave the country every 3 months. As usual, we went shopping and lazed around. When it was time to leave sunday we had a slight problem with the morocain customs. I was aloud back into the country ok because i'm a morocain resident. But they wouldn't let Franck back in. They said he hadn't left the country since feburay (so more than 3 months), therefor he was considered an illegal immigrant! We explained that we had been to Sebta just a month ago; our passports were stamped then, doesn't that mean that we left the country??? Apparently, no. You have to catch the Ferry to Spain. Going to Sebta does not count as leaving the Morrocain territory.

2 commentaires:

  1. J'ai "vu" votre mésaventure à Ceuta. Si j'avais connu votre blog bien avant, je vous aurais conseillé d'éviter de répéter les sorties à Ceuta pour renouveler le séjour de 3 mois au Maroc. Au début cela passe mais si l'on répète l'expérience, ils n'apprécient pas car pour eux Ceuta est marocain et non espagnol.
    J'ai utilisé les séjours à Ceuta pendant environ 1 an et demi et les dernières fois furent assez pénibles avec les douaniers. Depuis c'est Tanger-Tarifa. Si vous sortez du Maroc par Ceuta, vous devez entrer ensuite au Maroc par Tanger ou Tanger Med (un ami a été obligé de prendre le bateau pour Algeciras pour ensuite se rendre à Tanger Med).

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Je pense en effet qu'on ne va plus 'utiliser' Ceuta comme 'sortie du territoire marocain'. Ca va être un allé-retour à Tarifa pour nous aussi! Moins risqué!

    RépondreSupprimer